public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ATTN maintainer] mined
@ 2014-07-18  4:40 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2014-07-18  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

The mined directory for both architectures contain temporary files that
apparently sftp has left there (they have the suffix SftpXFR.<PID> I
think).  These should be removed, but maybe the transfer script that
moves the files from the upload area could be extended to ignore or
delete such files so they never get distributed to the mirrors.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [ATTN maintainer] mined
@ 2014-07-18  8:36 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-07-18  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Jul 18 06:39, Achim Gratz wrote:

> The mined directory for both architectures contain temporary files that
> apparently sftp has left there (they have the suffix SftpXFR.<PID> I
> think).  These should be removed, but maybe the transfer script that
> moves the files from the upload area could be extended to ignore or
> delete such files so they never get distributed to the mirrors.

I removed them on sourceware.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: [ATTN maintainer] mined
@ 2014-07-18 15:03   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2014-07-18 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:36:21AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jul 18 06:39, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>
>> The mined directory for both architectures contain temporary files that
>> apparently sftp has left there (they have the suffix SftpXFR.<PID> I
>> think).  These should be removed, but maybe the transfer script that
>> moves the files from the upload area could be extended to ignore or
>> delete such files so they never get distributed to the mirrors.
>
>I removed them on sourceware.

If this happens again, please leave it for me to investigate.  There is
no reason why SftpXFR.<PID> files should be showing up in release
directories.

cgf

* Re: [ATTN maintainer] mined
@ 2014-07-18 18:56     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-07-18 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Jul 18 11:03, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:36:21AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Jul 18 06:39, Achim Gratz wrote:
> >>
> >> The mined directory for both architectures contain temporary files that
> >> apparently sftp has left there (they have the suffix SftpXFR.<PID> I
> >> think).  These should be removed, but maybe the transfer script that
> >> moves the files from the upload area could be extended to ignore or
> >> delete such files so they never get distributed to the mirrors.
> >
> >I removed them on sourceware.
>
> If this happens again, please leave it for me to investigate.  There is
> no reason why SftpXFR.<PID> files should be showing up in release
> directories.

Next time, sure.  I didn't realize there's information to gain from the
files.

@ 2014-07-18 20:45 ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2014-07-18 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 18.07.2014 06:39, schrieb Achim Gratz:
> The mined directory for both architectures contain temporary files that
> apparently sftp has left there (they have the suffix SftpXFR.<PID> I
> think).  These should be removed, but maybe the transfer script that
> moves the files from the upload area could be extended to ignore or
> delete such files so they never get distributed to the mirrors.
I had some troubles during my first upload attempts with sftp. I will
report on details later (after holidays...).
Thomas

---