public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Please remove git-review-1.24-1
@ 2014-08-20 19:28 David Rothenberger
From: David Rothenberger @ 2014-08-20 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygapps

Please remove git-review-1.24-1 and reinstate 1.23-1 as latest.

1.24-1 requires the "requests" python package, which Cygwin doesn't
have. I see that it's in ports and it would be awesome if Yaakov is
willing to ITP it (since I know very little about Python), but I will
ITP it myself if he is unwilling.

Thanks. Sorry for the trouble.

"Intelligence without character is a dangerous thing."
                -- G. Steinem

* Re: Please remove git-review-1.24-1
@ 2014-08-20 20:35 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2014-08-20 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

David Rothenberger writes:
> Please remove git-review-1.24-1 and reinstate 1.23-1 as latest.

Removing files is done by touching a file with the same name as the one
you want to remove and putting a literal '-' character in front.  It's a
little tricky to not have touch recognize it as an option if you use
sshfs in the current directory (adding ./ helps also).  If you need to
change setup.hint (as you probably want to do for folks who have the
1.24 package installed already) then those changes need to be in the
same round of updates, otherwise upset might get upset.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

* Re: Please remove git-review-1.24-1
@ 2014-08-20 21:03   ` David Rothenberger
From: David Rothenberger @ 2014-08-20 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz wrote:
> David Rothenberger writes:
>> Please remove git-review-1.24-1 and reinstate 1.23-1 as latest.
>
> Removing files is done by touching a file with the same name as the one
> you want to remove and putting a literal '-' character in front.  It's a
> little tricky to not have touch recognize it as an option if you use
> sshfs in the current directory (adding ./ helps also).  If you need to
> change setup.hint (as you probably want to do for folks who have the
> 1.24 package installed already) then those changes need to be in the
> same round of updates, otherwise upset might get upset.

Thanks for the info.

I really wasn't sure what to submit in my setup.hint, so I took a look
at the package contribution page. It said I could do:

prev: 1.24-1
curr: 1.23-1

If I do that, is it also safe to remove the 1.24-1 files? Or will that
upset upset?

Envy, n.:
        Wishing you'd been born with an unfair advantage,
        instead of having to try and acquire one.

* Re: Please remove git-review-1.24-1
@ 2014-08-20 22:12 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-08-20 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2014-08-20 14:26, David Rothenberger wrote:
> Please remove git-review-1.24-1 and reinstate 1.23-1 as latest.
>
> 1.24-1 requires the "requests" python package, which Cygwin doesn't
> have. I see that it's in ports and it would be awesome if Yaakov is
> willing to ITP it (since I know very little about Python), but I will
> ITP it myself if he is unwilling.

I have added python{,3}-requests and their deps to the distro.

HTH,

Yaakov

* Re: Please remove git-review-1.24-1
@ 2014-08-21  4:40     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2014-08-21  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

David Rothenberger writes:
> I really wasn't sure what to submit in my setup.hint, so I took a look
> at the package contribution page. It said I could do:
>
> prev: 1.24-1
> curr: 1.23-1
>
> If I do that, is it also safe to remove the 1.24-1 files? Or will that
> upset upset?

My understanding is that at least an obsolete package for the "prev"
must remain for any package version mentioned in setup.hint.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: