public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
From: David Stacey <drstacey@tiscali.co.uk>
To: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: [ITP] alure 1.2
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 09:29:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 13/10/16 18:05, Bastian Germann wrote:
> it's almost 4 weeks since I submitted the package. Is there something
> wrong with my email to not be answered? I think, I followed the
> Contributor's Guide pretty close.
>
> Is someone willing to review the package?

It's probably only polite for /someone/ on the list to reply, although
in fairness I'm probably not the most qualified person to do so. You may
be aware that Cygwin package maintainers are mostly volunteers who have
to juggle real life (jobs, families, etc.) with Open Source work. The
bulk of Cygwin packages are maintained by a surprisingly small number of
individuals, and sometimes real life demands mean that there is little
time to review new contributions. That's not to say that new packages
aren't wanted (they are), it's just that occasionally there is no-one
with sufficient time to undertake a review. 'alure' isn't too big, but
any package the size of 'gambas3' is going to take quite some time to
pick through.

The other problem with 'alure' is one of scope: I'm not sure how many
maintainers are interested or familiar with sound on Cygwin. Yaakov or
Marco would probably have the best knowledge to perform a review, but it
depends on their availability. It's certainly a couple of years since I
last dabbled with sound on Cygwin.

Dave.