On 23/11/2015 18:54, Achim Gratz wrote: > Jon Turney writes: >> So, this is actually quite straightforward to write, and >> /etc/postinstall/0p_update-info-dir.sh becomes the attached. >> >>>> Can this be relied on for all possible file systems? >>> >>> Not on FAT. But then again, FAT is not really a filesystem, rather just >>> a failed try. >> >> But yes, this does nothing useful if /usr/share/info is on a FAT >> filesystem, as the mtime doesn't change. > > So, should we try to guard against that (installations on a USB stick > are probably the only practical occurence these days)? I wouldn't mind > if we just unconditionally rebuild on FAT(32). Thinking this over, it doesn't seem that hard to use a hash to determine if the directory has changed. How about the attached? (This will add a dependency on diffutils for cmp) > Otherwise, it looks good and thanks for writing up a script.