Hello, I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for passwdqc: https://www.openwall.com/passwdqc/ It is a password/passphrase strength checking and policy enforcement toolset, including command-line programs (pwqcheck, pwqfilter, and pwqgen), and a library (libpasswdqc). Its primary author, Solar Designer, is a renowned authority on password security, having also created the famous John the Ripper password cracking tool and multiple widely used password hashing implementations. The PAM support is not involved in this Cygwin package but I personally find the utilities quite useful in their own right and have been using them under Cygwin for some time. This would be a new package for Cygwin but is already packaged in other distributions: https://packages.fedoraproject.org/pkgs/passwdqc/passwdqc/ https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=passwdqc https://software.opensuse.org/package/passwdqc https://pkgs.org/download/passwdqc https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/passwdqc It is released under essentially the ISC license. The current release can be downloaded from: https://www.openwall.com/passwdqc/passwdqc-2.0.2.tar.gz https://www.openwall.com/passwdqc/passwdqc-2.0.2.tar.gz.sign (PGP signature) It can be compiled on Cygwin with only minor patches to the Makefile. .hint and .cygport files are attached and can also be found here along with built packages: https://github.com/crd477/passwdqc-cygport Now that I have access, I can also put these into the cygwin git repository, I just wasn't sure if it was acceptable to do so before sending the ITP message. Thanks, and take care... -- -Chad