On 2017-04-16 14:06, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > On 2017-04-16 12:20, Ken Brown wrote: >> This is an update to the latest upstream release.  There are major >> changes in this release that will make ICU easier to use but require >> changes in projects using ICU.  In particular, ICU now requires C++11, >> so packages using ICU may need to add -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 to >> CXXFLAGS.  See >> >>   http://site.icu-project.org/download/59 >> >> for further details. >> >> I'm making this a test release to give other maintainers time to >> adapt to the changes.  If no problems are reported within a few weeks, >> I'll promote it to current. > > I can see this being problematic for some packages.  We may want to wait > for this to hit Fedora rawhide first so that patches for dependent > packages are readily available. ICU 60.2 is now in rawhide, so if you want to proceed with that version, we should be able to find the necessary fixes. -- Yaakov