public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* perl-5.10.0-4 going curr?
@ 2008-06-22 17:20 Reini Urban
From: Reini Urban @ 2008-06-22 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [ML] CygWin-Apps

Any objections to bring perl-5.10.0-4 to curr in a few days?
Say Tuesday evening GMT.

Yaakov already updated his cygports to this version.
I need test versions be uploaded.
I'll switch the hints then from test to curr.

I only see perl-Tk, postgresql-perl, perl-Locale-gettext and
perl-ExtUtils-* missing.
Only those packages which compile as XS to perl need to be updated.

perl-libwin32 		ok
perl-Locale-gettext 	todo (help2man hint)
perl-Module-Build 	ok
	is included with 5.10, just the hints requiring
	this should be updated. But I saw no single dependency
	in my grep.
perl-Error 		not tested (git)
perl-Tk 		todo
perl-ExtUtils-Depends   todo
perl-Win32-GUI		ok
perl-ExtUtils-PkgConfig todo?
git			ok
	git can coexist as vendor_perl/5.8 with the new perl-5.10
	because it is compatible. I already use it.
postgresql-perl 	todo (reini)

All other packages requiring perl do work fine with 5.10.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/

* Re: perl-5.10.0-4 going curr?
@ 2008-06-22 17:32 ` Yaakov (Cygwin Ports)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) @ 2008-06-22 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

* Re: perl-5.10.0-4 going curr?
@ 2008-06-22 18:07   ` Reini Urban
From: Reini Urban @ 2008-06-22 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> Reini Urban wrote:
> | Yaakov already updated his cygports to this version.
> | I need test versions be uploaded.
> | I'll switch the hints then from test to curr.
> |
> | I only see perl-Tk, postgresql-perl, perl-Locale-gettext and
> | perl-ExtUtils-* missing.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-04/msg00234.html
>
> And don't forget the perl-Tk setup.hint!

Great!
So we are basically done, just the postgres update is missing.
But I still wait until Tuesday.
--

@ 2008-06-24 20:10     ` Reini Urban
From: Reini Urban @ 2008-06-24 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

2008/6/22 Reini Urban:
> Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>>
>> Reini Urban wrote:
>> | Yaakov already updated his cygports to this version.
>> | I need test versions be uploaded.
>> | I'll switch the hints then from test to curr.
>> |
>> | I only see perl-Tk, postgresql-perl, perl-Locale-gettext and
>> | perl-ExtUtils-* missing.
>>
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-04/msg00234.html
>> And don't forget the perl-Tk setup.hint!

Yaakov,

I've changed to perl-5.10 curr now.
I've uploaded all and fixed the Tk hint.
Please announce the packages from this list.

Eric,
Please check your git package and perl-Error if it still works with the
new perl-5.10 when you have time.

I don't yet what to do with perl-Module-Build.
It does no harm. Sooner or later it will become _obsolete.

@ 2008-06-25 15:06 ` Reini Urban
From: Reini Urban @ 2008-06-25 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Eric Blake schrieb:
>> I've changed to perl-5.10 curr now.
>>
>> Eric,
>> Please check your git package and perl-Error if it still works with the
>> new perl-5.10 when you have time.
>>
>> I don't know yet what to do with perl-Module-Build.
>> It does no harm. Sooner or later it will become _obsolete.
>
> Unfortunately, this caught me at the start of a 2-week vacation; while
> I can get occasional email access, I won't be uploading any packages
> during that time.  But I had previously been using git under cygwin 1.7.0,
> so I'm assuming that these packages will hopefully continue to
> work with the new perl until I do get around to re-releasing them
> specifically built against the new perl version.

Happy vacation!
I tested it a bit and so far I found no problem.
--
Reini

* Re: perl-5.10.0-4 going curr?
@ 2008-06-25 14:50 Eric Blake