public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Is calm down ?
@ 2022-07-08 12:38 Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-07-08 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Jon,
I have the impression that calm crashed.
Maybe it did not like the merging of ilmbase and openexr folders.

Can you check ?
MArco

* Re: Is calm down ?
@ 2022-07-08 12:57 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-07-08 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Atzeri, cygwin-apps

On 08/07/2022 13:38, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Hi Jon,
> I have the impression that calm crashed.
> Maybe it did not like the merging of ilmbase and openexr folders.
>
> Can you check ?

Yes, it's not accepting uploads at the moment because it doesn't like
the state of the relarea.

> ERROR: unexpected files in openexr: ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.hint, ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.tar.xz
> ERROR: unexpected files in openexr: ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.hint, ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.tar.xz

I created a ilmbase subdirectory and moved those files there.

That let your upload be attempted, and you seem to have resolved the
duplicate package paths problem with that.

* Re: Is calm down ?
@ 2022-07-09  2:32   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-07-09  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 08.07.2022 14:57, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 08/07/2022 13:38, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Hi Jon,
>> I have the impression that calm crashed.
>> Maybe it did not like the merging of ilmbase and openexr folders.
>>
>> Can you check ?
>
> Yes, it's not accepting uploads at the moment because it doesn't like
> the state of the relarea.
>
>> ERROR: unexpected files in openexr: ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.hint,
>> ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.tar.xz
>> ERROR: unexpected files in openexr: ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.hint,
>> ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.tar.xz
>
> I created a ilmbase subdirectory and moved those files there.

nice to know for the next time

> That let your upload be attempted, and you seem to have resolved the
> duplicate package paths problem with that.

Thanks
Marco

* Re: Is calm down ?
@ 2022-07-09 12:05     ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-07-09 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 09/07/2022 03:32, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 08.07.2022 14:57, Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 08/07/2022 13:38, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>> Hi Jon,
>>> I have the impression that calm crashed.
>>> Maybe it did not like the merging of ilmbase and openexr folders.
>>>
>>> Can you check ?
>>
>> Yes, it's not accepting uploads at the moment because it doesn't like
>> the state of the relarea.
>>
>>> ERROR: unexpected files in openexr: ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.hint,
>>> ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.tar.xz
>>> ERROR: unexpected files in openexr: ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.hint,
>>> ilmbase-2.2.0-1-src.tar.xz
>>
>> I created a ilmbase subdirectory and moved those files there.
>
> nice to know for the next time

The package name always has to match the directory that contains it.

(This is mainly for historical reasons now, as it made splitting package
and version unambiguously possible, even if the package name contained a
'hyphen digit' sequence (something which is now forbidden)).