On 8/16/21 5:51 PM, Thomas Wolff wrote: > > Am 16.08.2021 um 16:46 schrieb Lee: >> On 8/16/21, Thomas Wolff wrote: >>> github have changed their authentication policy not to allow passwords >>> anymore. >>> So they are asking maintainers to acquire another kind of password (a >>> "token"), which I did a while ago. >>> But they refuse to support users with the transition, there is no >>> "plug-and-play" howto available, except for those who are willing to >>> dive into details of authentication stuff and spend a few study hours on >>> that useless policy change. >>> As I cannot update mintty anymore right now from the git command line, >>> is any maintainer here impacted by the same issue and can help out with >>> some advice how to get rid of this nuisance? >> ssh keys work - start here: >> https://docs.github.com/en/github/authenticating-to-github/connecting-to-github-with-ssh >> > Thanks for the link. So I've now added my ssh key to github and > successfully tested it. > Now what? git push apparently still wants to use the old password and > reports an error. > Kind regards, > Thomas > >> Regards >> Lee > > . Check your push URL, make sure it is ssh://git@github.com/.../.