On 2024-05-21 07:17, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote: > On 17/05/2024 06:43, Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps wrote: >> Date manipulation utilities >> I would like to adopt the above orphaned package. > Thanks. > I added this to your packages. >> https://cygwin.com/cgit/cygwin-packages/dateutils/tree/dateutils.cygport?h=playground > Please cleanup all the commented out detritus. Sure! > What is the reasoning for changing SRC_URI to point to github?  The project > homepage still points to bitbucket.org for downloads. They provide the same release tarball on github, and README on both sites state that "Dateutils are hosted primarily on github:", so I see no reason to use what appears to be the legacy repo at another site, although I would treat them as project mirrors if possible. Looking at latest release downloads they are 50/50 across both sites so far, although the signature downloads from github are much higher; see: https://bitbucket.org/hroptatyr/dateutils/downloads/ https://somsubhra.github.io/github-release-stats/?username=hroptatyr&repository=dateutils&page=1&per_page=100 > "*** Warning: DEPEND is deprecated, use BUILD_REQUIRES instead." >> Scallywag runs: >>     https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?srcpkg=dateutils >> The single test failure is not reproducible standalone, and appears to >> be a Windows, Cygwin, or shell environment space limitation, due to >> running 888 tests on a single command line? > Can you share the reasoning that lets your reach that conclusion from: >> FAIL: tzmap_check_02.ctst The original failure log messages from xargs complained about lack of environment space. > The build directory should be available as an artifact which may contain more > detailed information on the failure. I wish - the test runner is very tidy - just the trs and log. > Have you established that this failure is not a regression? Running standalone from test dir with: $ make --trace TESTS=tzmap_check_02.ctst V=1 check passes with all the usual messages - attached. -- Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis Calgary, Alberta, Canada La perfection est atteinte Perfection is achieved non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter not when there is no more to add mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer but when there is no more to cut -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry