Achim Gratz writes: > Pushed. I've found another (and hopefully the last, except for the mostly dormant gzip code) 16kiB buffer to be increased to 64kiB. Also, when installing from a local directory without a setup.ini file there actually is a need to skip the checksum validation. For this to work we also need to record whether we actually set a checksum and testing the first byte for zero is not correct for doing this. As detailed in the design for Bitcoin, there is an exponetnially decreasing probability for the leading bits to all be zero. Current Cygwin has more than 80 packages with the first eight bits or more all zero (I've seen 15 leading zero bits in my local mirror).