public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* HEADSUP: krb5 rebuild
@ 2014-05-23 22:14 Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2014-05-23 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

As just announced on the list, I have switched our Kerberos
implementation from Heimdal to MIT.  The following packages need to be
rebuilt ASAP once you upgrade your libkrb5-devel and its dependencies:

* cyrus-sasl (David Rothenberger)
* serf (David Rothenberger)
* squid (Dr. Volker Zell)

Dr. Volker, I understand your away right now; would you like me to do
the rebuild for you?

Also, a number of other packages which don't currently have any Kerberos
support available may benefit from a rebuild:

* amanda
* c-client
* cvs
* fetchmail
* ghostscript
* neon
* libtirpc
* postgresql

Let me know if you have any issues with upgrading and/or rebuilding your
packages.

Yaakov

* Re: HEADSUP: krb5 rebuild
@ 2014-05-24 18:05 ` David Rothenberger
From: David Rothenberger @ 2014-05-24 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> As just announced on the list, I have switched our Kerberos
> implementation from Heimdal to MIT.  The following packages need to be
> rebuilt ASAP once you upgrade your libkrb5-devel and its dependencies:
>
> * cyrus-sasl (David Rothenberger)
> * serf (David Rothenberger)

I'll try to get to this as soon as I can, but I'm currently working 80+
at my real job, so it might not be until next weekend (31-Mar).

After Goliath's defeat, giants ceased to command respect.
                -- Freeman Dyson

* Re: HEADSUP: krb5 rebuild
@ 2014-05-27  7:59 ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2014-05-27  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaakov (Cygwin/X); +Cc: cygwin-apps

    > As just announced on the list, I have switched our Kerberos implementation from
    > Heimdal to MIT.  The following packages need to be rebuilt ASAP once you upgrade
    > your libkrb5-devel and its dependencies:

    > * cyrus-sasl (David Rothenberger)
    > * serf (David Rothenberger)
    > * squid (Dr. Volker Zell)

    > Dr. Volker, I understand your away right now; would you like me to do the
    > rebuild for you?

Just go ahead..

    > Yaakov

Thanks