public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* cygport: perl.cygclass and Module::Build::Tiny compatibility
@ 2013-10-08 19:12 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-10-08 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

While building some Perl modules today that use Module::Build::Tiny, the
install took place in the system site_perl rather than the inst
directory.  The reason is that Module::Build::Tiny only recognizes
options with a double dash (i.e. --destdir=/path).  Since Module::Build
recognizes the option syntax correctly, I've just changed this locally
to get a complete package.  There are probably a few other places where
these tiny (pardon the pun) differences need attention, but I didn't
have time for that today.  Also, the check for the presence of
Module::Build is wrong when Module::Build::Tiny is used.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html

* Re: cygport: perl.cygclass and Module::Build::Tiny compatibility
@ 2013-10-08 20:03 ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2013-10-08 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2013-10-08 14:12, Achim Gratz wrote:
> While building some Perl modules today that use Module::Build::Tiny, the
> install took place in the system site_perl rather than the inst
> directory.  The reason is that Module::Build::Tiny only recognizes
> options with a double dash (i.e. --destdir=/path).  Since Module::Build
> recognizes the option syntax correctly, I've just changed this locally
> to get a complete package.  There are probably a few other places where
> these tiny (pardon the pun) differences need attention, but I didn't
> have time for that today.  Also, the check for the presence of
> Module::Build is wrong when Module::Build::Tiny is used.

Thanks for pointing this out, but could you give me some specific CPAN
packages which use Module::Build::Tiny so I could work on this?

Yaakov

* Re: cygport: perl.cygclass and Module::Build::Tiny compatibility
@ 2013-10-08 20:43   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-10-08 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
> Thanks for pointing this out, but could you give me some specific CPAN
> packages which use Module::Build::Tiny so I could work on this?

I've caught it on Test::Warnings and of course Module::Build::Tiny
itself; but any of these should do:

https://metacpan.org/requires/distribution/Module-Build-Tiny

As I needed to get on with other work, I just cleaned out site_perl and
re-generated all my packages after patching perl.cygclass.  There'd been
an occurence of site_perl in the manual pages for the modules that some
fixup routine of cygport packaging caught and fixed; I assume that it
could likely be prevented by adding the "--" treatment in some other
place.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: cygport: perl.cygclass and Module::Build::Tiny compatibility
@ 2013-10-08 22:16     ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2013-10-08 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2013-10-08 15:43, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
>> Thanks for pointing this out, but could you give me some specific CPAN
>> packages which use Module::Build::Tiny so I could work on this?
>
> I've caught it on Test::Warnings and of course Module::Build::Tiny
> itself; but any of these should do:
>
> https://metacpan.org/requires/distribution/Module-Build-Tiny
>
> As I needed to get on with other work, I just cleaned out site_perl and
> re-generated all my packages after patching perl.cygclass.  There'd been
> an occurence of site_perl in the manual pages for the modules that some
> fixup routine of cygport packaging caught and fixed; I assume that it
> could likely be prevented by adding the "--" treatment in some other
> place.

This should be fixed in git master, commit 5dad3c2.

Yaakov

* Re: cygport: perl.cygclass and Module::Build::Tiny compatibility
@ 2013-10-10 20:09       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-10-10 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
> This should be fixed in git master, commit 5dad3c2.

Everything works correctly now, including the generation of the man
pages.  Thank you.

Regards,
Achim.