wget2 is the successor of wget supplying a shared library API like curl to build a modern, fast, multi-threaded, parallel downloader using HTTP/2, HTTP compression and If-Modified-Since headers; see https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2 It is currently available on Arch, Debian/Ubuntu, openSUSE, Slackware: see https://pkgs.org/download/wget2 I could release the package as is with an exe and dll, but it should be built as separate bin, lib, devel, doc, and debuginfo packages, which I have never done before, so could do with some advice and assistance with the apporach required, which I based on curl, but that requires no script function overrides, and I believe this one may or I need some hints. I have attached my base wget2.cygport which builds one monolithic package but contains comments for subpackage variables, plus comments showing other files which I think should be included in the subpackages, and both references to their locations in subpkg_CONTENTS and alterbative src_install script actions if cygport will not move the contents into the appropriate install directory. I also need to understand how cyg...dll package numbering should work with this package: base zero or one and include or exclude the 2: libwget0, libwget1, libwget2_0, or libwget2_1, and how to get that generated? Any advice, assistance, help, or hints from more experienced packagers would be welcome. I can also update and release what may be the last patched version of the original wget 1.20.3 (currently 1.19.1) if Eric has no time, or ITA wget if he agrees. I could also ITA curl from Yaakov as I use that and wget a lot in scripts and cron jobs. -- Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised. [Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]