On 11/06/2020 16:19, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote: > On 10.06.2020 11:34, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: >> Yeah. There's also a problem with the dev package I think, because >> -lpython3.8m can't find the library, and python3.8m doesn't seem to >> exist as a command. I might just be being a doofus though so I'll double >> check that I installed the right packages. > > on python 3.8 they should be >  -lpython3.8 and  python3.8 > > You can use pkconfig to recover it > > $ pkg-config --libs python-3.8 > -lpython3.8 > > $ pkg-config --libs python-3.7 > -lpython3.7m > Ah, thank you, that makes sense. I have now built the packages for python 3.7 as well, from the same source package. Your idea worked great :) The new ones are available at the same place as before: https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ All seems to be working okay for me, but there are some notes/questions I have: - I get errors from python3.cygclass at the start of every build saying it can't find "python3-config" - looks to be a missing symlink/misconfigured cygclass script? - On 32-bit Cygwin, stripping the debug symbols with objdump.exe from the libraries takes an extremely long time - I reckon 3-4 times slower than on 64-bit, at least. It's kind of prohibitively slow, does anyone know why? - On 32-bit Cygwin, I tend to get fork errors when running the wxPython demo, but not on 64-bit (identical build options). Is this likely the 32-bit fork bug mentioned on Cygwin's home page, or a problem with my installation/setup? Hamish