On 20/03/2020 17:32, Achim Gratz wrote: > Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps writes: >> I am planning to update all the packages left behind >> by the Perl update >> (Except if Achim is interested in them) > I can take them unless they pull in a huge stack of dependencies I don't > already have anyway. Again I think that rules out the Gtk/Gnome stuff. > I know next to nothing about Wx, I think the dependency chain is > manageable, but I haven't looked at what testing the distribution > entails. I think I have built SGMLSpm in the past locally, I have to > check. > >> perl-GD Already Updated >> perl-Glib already built >> >> perl-Alien-wxWidgets >> perl-Cairo >> perl-Cairo-GObject >> perl-GStreamer1 >> perl-Glib-Object-Introspection >> perl-Gnome2 >> perl-Gnome2-Canvas >> perl-Gnome2-GConf >> perl-Gnome2-Rsvg >> perl-Gnome2-VFS >> perl-Gnome2-Vte >> perl-Gnome2-Wnck >> perl-Gtk2 >> perl-Gtk2-GladeXML >> perl-Gtk2-Notify >> perl-Gtk2-SourceView2 >> perl-Gtk2-Spell >> perl-Gtk2-Unique >> perl-Gtk2-WebKit >> perl-Gtk3 >> perl-Pango >> perl-SGMLSpm >> perl-Wx >> >> >> perl-Win32-GUI Do we need it ? > The last time we tried to drop it there was a complaint IIRC. I have no > idea if it still works, I thihnk it needs a few pretty invasive patches > (from memory, which may be wrong). I have built myself before, but then > it broke and Yaakov made it work again so I'm not really sure what to do > about it. It doesn't really fit in with what Cygwin tries to do (IIRC > it comes from Strawberry Perl, which is Windows native). > > > Regards, > Achim. Note: I forgot to say, but I'm happy to do wxwidgets as well. Hamish