On 05/07/2020 23:21, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > On Fri, 2020-06-26 at 01:49 +0100, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin- > apps wrote: >> This email signals my intent to package python3-pillow >> (https://pypi.org/project/Pillow) for Cygwin. Pillow is a fork of the >> Python Imaging Library. >> >> I wish to package this because I have found that PyCrust (built with >> wxPython) depends on Pillow and won't run without it installed. As >> before, my test packages can be found at >> https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/. >> >> If anyone has feedback I'd appreciate it very much. > 1) Source packages are generally named python-*. Yes, but the latest build of Pillow doesn't support Python 2 - I feel calling it python-pillow would be misleading. > 2) This should be an ITA for python-imaging instead, which has been > Pillow-based for a long time. The Python imaging library was replaced by Pillow as far as I can tell, and seems to have been unmaintained since 2011. Could you give me a link to the library you're talking about please? Either way, wxPython specifically needs Pillow. I can also build the imaging library if you want though. Hamish