On 31/03/2020 17:24, ASSI wrote: > Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps writes: >> Just thought I should ask: is there a perferred version of Windows to >> build packages on, or does it not matter? > Whatever supported version of Windows you use, I'd say. > >> I currently build on Windows 7, following the tradition of building on >> the oldest supported platform, but I have no idea if this is needed with >> Cygwin. > No Windows 7 system should still have the ability to connect to the > internet… so no, I don't think you should even try to build there. > > > Regards, > Achim. Yep, that's why I asked. I'll upgrade the VM to Windows 10 then, if it makes no difference to Cygwin. Hamish