On 23/11/2020 15:26, ASSI wrote: > Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps writes: >> 1. I have separated these onto another line. I've kept this enabled for >> manual testing, and also because other things in my Cygwin install need >> some of these dependencies - I can't easily remove to be 1000% sure that >> none of them are needed during building. It seems wxWidgets hasn't >> documented optional build dependencies very clearly. > Graphviz is actually needed for building the docs I've found. Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot that was what it was for. > >> 4. Okay, trying that in this build. Not sure how to test that any >> features need that are working, so I'll have to research that. > Specifically, copying the config.cache from base to both of the gtk{2,3} > builds should work, but not gtk2->3. I've re-arranged the cygport file > to first configure all three (makes it easier to hunt for differences), > then build in reverse order. Yeah, maybe I should do that as well, but I've just started another build. Re-enabling gnomevfs did NOT work for me - causes segfaults and wxpython can import the libraries with a "No such process" error after doing that. Rebuilding now. I guess it could be due to using STL as well, but we'll see. > >> I'll wait on the CI system then, this takes hours to build even on my >> Ryzen 3600, especially on 32-bit Cygwin. > That's odd. I've built on a 4-core/8-thread Haswell in well under two > hours per architecture and I haven't seen memory peak above 8GiB. You > said you are building in a VM, perhaps you should reduce the number of > threads there a bit. If the VM starts contending for host resources > things _will_ get ugly. That is strange if it's so much faster on your system. Fortunately I have loads of memory so it's not too much of an issue for me. Most of the time on 32-bit Cygwin is spent stripping the executables, which is _way_ slower than on 64-bit Cygwin, by a factor of probably 3-4. Time to rebuild again anyway. What fun... Thanks Achim, Hamish