On 12/11/2020 18:00, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: > On 11/11/2020 17:36, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: >> Ignore my previous message - whatever was wrong is now fixed. I didn't >> change anything much so I think it was a dependency that had an issue >> and was since recompiled. >> >> 64-bit build is done and seems to work fine. I'm testing it using the >> samples, nearly all of which work, and new things that weren't in the >> previous wxwidgets build now work (eg webview with webkit). >> >> I need to finish my testing and then build for 32-bit Cygwin, but all >> seems good. >> >> When it's all done I'll email again with my cygport file attached and a >> link to the file locations. >> >> Hamish > Okay, I have successfully manually tested wxWidgets3.0 on both 32-bit > and 64-bit Cygwin, and I haven't found any significant issues. It also > seems to work with my existing wxPython build but I'm going to recompile > that anyway just to be sure and to get the new version number for > wxWidgets in the build. > > The test packages are available for download at > https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ as usual, and my cygport > file is attached here. > > Here's a quick summary of the changes I've made: > > - Updated to wxWidgets 3.0.5.1 from 3.0.4. > > - Added build dependencies. > > - Evaluated lots of new patches (over 80), and found that nearly none of > them were needed (already patched in new source), so we only have a few > new patches. > > - Updated the wxGTK collision patch for wxwidgets 3.0.5.1 as the old one > wouldn't apply. > > - Use pushd and popd instead of cd in the cygport file. > > - Enable automated unit tests in the cygport file (these currently do > work so I tested manually). > > - Enable and test wxwebview with webkit (works fine in all configurations). > > I'd like to use the AppVeyor CI tool to double check the build and build > dependencies, but the very high RAM usage during compilation (12GB!) > makes me think it might crash that system. Is it safe for me to proceed? > I really don't want to ruin someone's day by crashing the CI system(s). > I think I need a GTG beforeĀ  can do this because I don't currently own > the package, but I'm not sure. > > Finally, I'm going to keep these as test packages until I've got > wxPython build and tested against them, which will be maybe another week > or so depending on other priorities. > > Any feedback is very welcome :) > > Hamish *bump* in case this went unnoticed. I know it's a pain checking these over because it takes so long to build them, but I would still very much appreciate it. I am already a maintainer for other packages, but AFAIK this doesn't give me the right to GTG myself. Hamish