public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Re: [ITP] tmux 1.9a (was 1.8-271-gb3de4a3)
@ 2014-02-27  9:34 Michael Wild
From: Michael Wild @ 2014-02-27  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Corinna

Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation and then punished by a
nasty cold...

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Neat.  Apart from proposing to include the package, are you willing to
> maintain this package in the Cygwin distro and help users on the cygwin
> AT cygwin DOT com mailing list?  Also, did you see
> https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html?

Yes, I am willing to do so. I read this document, but will probably
need to revisit it again from time to time ;-)

> These are only 32 bit packages?  Would you mind to provide the 64 bit
> packages as well, please?

I now also built using Cygwin64. However, in order to do so, I had to
change the dependency on ARCH_x86_64 to libncursesw-devel. Otherwise I
still depend on libncurses-devel. Is this the correct procedure? I was
a bit confused that there is no libncurses-devel package on Cygwin64.

In the meantime version 1.9a was released, so I updated the package.
It being an official release, I removed the test version tag from the
setup.hint.

ARCH_i686:

category: Utils
requires: libevent2.0_5 libncurses10
sdesc: "Terminal multiplexer"
ldesc: "tmux enables a number of terminals (or windows) to be accessed and
controlled from a single terminal like screen. tmux runs as a server-client
system. A server is created automatically when necessary and holds a number of
sessions, each of which may have a number of windows linked to it. Any number
of clients may connect to a session, or the server may be controlled by issuing
commands with tmux. Communication takes place through a socket, by default
placed in /tmp. Moreover tmux provides a consistent and well-documented command
interface, with the same syntax whether used interactively, as a key binding,
or from the shell. It offers a choice of vim or Emacs key layouts."

ARCH_x86_64:

category: Utils
requires: libevent2.0_5 libncursesw10
sdesc: "Terminal multiplexer"
ldesc: "tmux enables a number of terminals (or windows) to be accessed and
controlled from a single terminal like screen. tmux runs as a server-client
system. A server is created automatically when necessary and holds a number of
sessions, each of which may have a number of windows linked to it. Any number
of clients may connect to a session, or the server may be controlled by issuing
commands with tmux. Communication takes place through a socket, by default
placed in /tmp. Moreover tmux provides a consistent and well-documented command
interface, with the same syntax whether used interactively, as a key binding,
or from the shell. It offers a choice of vim or Emacs key layouts."

The package files can be obtained from:

* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin/tmux/setup.hint
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin/tmux/tmux-1.9a-1-src.tar.xz
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin/tmux/tmux-1.9a-1.tar.xz
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin/tmux/tmux-debuginfo/setup.hint
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin/tmux/tmux-debuginfo/tmux-debuginfo-1.9a-1.tar.xz

* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin64/tmux/setup.hint
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin64/tmux/tmux-1.9a-1-src.tar.xz
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin64/tmux/tmux-1.9a-1.tar.xz
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin64/tmux/tmux-debuginfo/setup.hint
* http://wildcodes.com/cygwin64/tmux/tmux-debuginfo/tmux-debuginfo-1.9a-1.tar.xz

Kind regards

Michael

PS: @Balaji Thanks for pointing me to the 1.9a version. It was
released while I was struggling with the mailing list to get my mails
through, that's why I hadn't noticed it.

* Re: [ITP] tmux 1.9a (was 1.8-271-gb3de4a3)
@ 2014-02-27 10:06 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-02-27 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Feb 27 10:34, Michael Wild wrote:
> Hi Corinna
>
> Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation and then punished by a
> nasty cold...

You're not alone...

> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Neat.  Apart from proposing to include the package, are you willing to
> > maintain this package in the Cygwin distro and help users on the cygwin
> > AT cygwin DOT com mailing list?  Also, did you see
> > https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html?
>
> Yes, I am willing to do so. I read this document, but will probably
> need to revisit it again from time to time ;-)
>
> > These are only 32 bit packages?  Would you mind to provide the 64 bit
> > packages as well, please?
>
> I now also built using Cygwin64. However, in order to do so, I had to
> change the dependency on ARCH_x86_64 to libncursesw-devel. Otherwise I
> still depend on libncurses-devel. Is this the correct procedure? I was
> a bit confused that there is no libncurses-devel package on Cygwin64.

For better native character support, you should link your 32 bit version
against libncursesw as well.

> In the meantime version 1.9a was released, so I updated the package.
> It being an official release, I removed the test version tag from the
> setup.hint.

Cool.  Packaging looks good.  So, if you send your public ssh key as
outlined in https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html,
it's good to go.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: [ITP] tmux 1.9a (was 1.8-271-gb3de4a3)
@ 2014-03-03  7:49   ` Michael Wild
From: Michael Wild @ 2014-03-03  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Dear all
Dear Corinna

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 27 10:34, Michael Wild wrote:
>> > These are only 32 bit packages?  Would you mind to provide the 64 bit
>> > packages as well, please?
>>
>> I now also built using Cygwin64. However, in order to do so, I had to
>> change the dependency on ARCH_x86_64 to libncursesw-devel. Otherwise I
>> still depend on libncurses-devel. Is this the correct procedure? I was
>> a bit confused that there is no libncurses-devel package on Cygwin64.
>
> For better native character support, you should link your 32 bit version
> against libncursesw as well.

Done. Please review once more.

>> In the meantime version 1.9a was released, so I updated the package.
>> It being an official release, I removed the test version tag from the
>> setup.hint.
>
> Cool.  Packaging looks good.  So, if you send your public ssh key as
> outlined in https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html,
> it's good to go.

Done.

Cheers

Michael

* Re: [ITP] tmux 1.9a (was 1.8-271-gb3de4a3)
@ 2014-03-03 11:19     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-03-03 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar  3 08:48, Michael Wild wrote:
> Dear all
> Dear Corinna

> >> I now also built using Cygwin64. However, in order to do so, I had to
> >> change the dependency on ARCH_x86_64 to libncursesw-devel. Otherwise I
> >> still depend on libncurses-devel. Is this the correct procedure? I was
> >> a bit confused that there is no libncurses-devel package on Cygwin64.
> >
> > For better native character support, you should link your 32 bit version
> > against libncursesw as well.
> >

> Done. Please review once more.
>
> >> In the meantime version 1.9a was released, so I updated the package.
> >> It being an official release, I removed the test version tag from the
> >> setup.hint.
> >
> > Cool.  Packaging looks good.  So, if you send your public ssh key as
> > outlined in https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html,
> > it's good to go.
>
> Done.

Thanks.  Just go ahead as soon as cgf sent you the confirmation that
your account is set up.

@ 2014-03-03 14:44       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2014-03-03 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 12:19:09PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Mar  3 08:48, Michael Wild wrote:
>> Dear all
>> Dear Corinna

>> > For better native character support, you should link your 32 bit version
>> > against libncursesw as well.
>> >

>> Done. Please review once more.

>> > Cool.  Packaging looks good.  So, if you send your public ssh key as
>> > outlined in https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html,
>> > it's good to go.
>>
>> Done.
>
>Thanks.  Just go ahead as soon as cgf sent you the confirmation that
>your account is set up.

Remember that the account can't be set up unless Michael is in
cygwin-pkg-maint.  Really, they should be in this file before a request
is sent or the instructions at
https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html can't be followed.

cgf

* Re: [ITP] tmux 1.9a (was 1.8-271-gb3de4a3)
@ 2014-03-03 15:08         ` Michael Wild
From: Michael Wild @ 2014-03-03 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 12:19:09PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>Thanks.  Just go ahead as soon as cgf sent you the confirmation that
>>your account is set up.
>
> Remember that the account can't be set up unless Michael is in
> cygwin-pkg-maint.  Really, they should be in this file before a request
> is sent or the instructions at
> https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html can't be followed.
>
> cgf

That left me also a bit wondering ;-) I assumed that this would be
done together with the request. So, how do I get in there?

Michael