On 16 August 2011 10:08, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Aug 15 20:46, Andy Koppe wrote: >> On 14 August 2011 12:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote: >> > Your attempts at 16x16, 24x24, and 32x32 definitely look better than >> > mine.  Also, somehow I seem to have broken the terminal frame in 32x32. >> > I didn't notice that before, but in direct comparison with your 32x32 >> > it's quite obvious. >> > >> > As for 48x48 and 64x64, it seems the thicker original stroke results in >> > a washed-out looking stroke in the inner part of the C, just below the >> > wedge. Can you get rid of that washed-out look? >> >> I see what you mean. I think it's because the scaled-down stroke is >> less than a pixel wide in theory, but due to its position it ends up >> being divided between two pixel lines, so you get a two-pixel darkish >> grey instead of a one-pixel light grey. Fixing this would require >> redrawing the C at the high resolution in such a way that it maps to >> whole pixels when scaling down. I'm afraid that's beyond my pay grade >> though. Warren, if you've got any more spare time to spend on this ... >> >> Meanwhile, attached is the same again but with the 48x48 from your >> current icon, and a 64x64 scaled down from your 256x256, because I >> didn't like the C in the current 64x64 being bigger in relation to the >> terminal frame than at the other sizes. The stroke probably is a bit >> too dark though ... > > I created a new 64x64 icon with smaller C.  Other than that I made > a longish comparison of the small 16x16 and 24x24 icons on various > backgrounds, and in contrast to what I said above, I think I prefer > the slightly darker frames. Fair enough. Compared to "mine" though it looks a bit rougher around the edges when used in a mintty window frame with dark background. In particular, some of the corner pixels stick out and the wedge has more pronounced stepping. (See attached pic.) I wonder whether this is due to resizing algorithm. Can you be bothered to try different scaling algorithms, or send me the orignal so I can have a go with Paint.net (which says it uses "supersampling")? Andy