public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* ITA nasm
@ 2017-06-29 15:23 Doug Henderson
From: Doug Henderson @ 2017-06-29 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I am willing to take over maintenance of the nasm package.

Info for current release:

# package name
NAME="nasm"
VERSION=2.10.07
RELEASE=2

# .hint generation
CATEGORY="Devel"
SUMMARY="The Netwide Assembler"
DESCRIPTION="NASM is a widespread, portable, very flexible and mature
assembler tool with support for many output formats licensed under the
2-clause BSD licence."

I plan to package 2.13.01-0 based on the latest upstream release.

Doug

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com

* Re: ITA nasm
@ 2017-06-29 15:38 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-06-29 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 29/06/2017 17:22, Doug Henderson wrote:
> I am willing to take over maintenance of the nasm package.
>
> Info for current release:
>
> # package name
> NAME="nasm"
> VERSION=2.10.07
> RELEASE=2

are you planning to just align the x86 and x86_64 version ?
It is worth ?

> # .hint generation
> CATEGORY="Devel"
> SUMMARY="The Netwide Assembler"
> DESCRIPTION="NASM is a widespread, portable, very flexible and mature
> assembler tool with support for many output formats licensed under the
> 2-clause BSD licence."

it  misses the info about where to download the source

> I plan to package 2.13.01-0 based on the latest upstream release.

better 2.13.01-1 as we are using "-0.x" for test pre-release when needed

> Doug

Regards
Marco

* Re: ITA nasm
@ 2017-06-29 17:29   ` Doug Henderson
From: Doug Henderson @ 2017-06-29 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 29 June 2017 at 09:38, Marco Atzeri  wrote:
> On 29/06/2017 17:22, Doug Henderson wrote:
>>
>> I am willing to take over maintenance of the nasm package.
>>
>> Info for current release:
>>
>> # package name
>> NAME="nasm"
>> VERSION=2.10.07
>> RELEASE=2
>

> are you planning to just align the x86 and x86_64 version ?
> It is worth ?
>

>> # .hint generation
>> CATEGORY="Devel"
>> SUMMARY="The Netwide Assembler"
>> DESCRIPTION="NASM is a widespread, portable, very flexible and mature
>> assembler tool with support for many output formats licensed under the
>> 2-clause BSD licence."
>

> it  misses the info about where to download the source
>
>> I plan to package 2.13.01-0 based on the latest upstream release.
>

> better 2.13.01-1 as we are using "-0.x" for test pre-release when needed

Source and download:
# source and patch files
HOMEPAGE="http://www.nasm.us/"
SRC_URI="http://www.nasm.us/pub/nasm/releasebuilds/${PV}/${P}.tar.xz"

I have changed initial release number to 1

I will keep both 32 bit and 64 bit versions at the same version to the
extent possible. I'm not sure why the current versions are at
different numbers, unless an upgrade was requested for 64 bit only.

Doug

--

@ 2017-06-29 18:08     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-06-29 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 29/06/2017 19:29, Doug Henderson wrote:
> On 29 June 2017 at 09:38, Marco Atzeri  wrote:
>> On 29/06/2017 17:22, Doug Henderson wrote:
>>>
>>> I am willing to take over maintenance of the nasm package.
>>>

> Source and download:
> # source and patch files
> HOMEPAGE="http://www.nasm.us/"
> SRC_URI="http://www.nasm.us/pub/nasm/releasebuilds/${PV}/${P}.tar.xz"
>
> I have changed initial release number to 1

can share your build somewhere in the Web ?
It will make easy to cross check for any of us.

> I will keep both 32 bit and 64 bit versions at the same version to the
> extent possible. I'm not sure why the current versions are at
> different numbers, unless an upgrade was requested for 64 bit only.

I bet the 64 version was upload by another maintainer,
not the official one, when we populated the 64 distribution.

> Doug

* Re: ITA nasm
@ 2017-06-29 18:17     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-06-29 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Doug Henderson writes:
> I'm not sure why the current versions are at
> different numbers, unless an upgrade was requested for 64 bit only.

As Chong Yidong used to say: "Hysterical raisins".  My guess is that
only the x86 version was from the original maintainer and the x68_64
version was actually provided by Yaakov.

Regards,
Achim.