public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
From: Andy Li <andy@onthewings.net>
To: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com, Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
Subject: Re: adopt and update libatomic_ops and libgc
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 05:59:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> On 2017-05-08 05:54, Jon Turney wrote:
>> libatomic_ops.cygport:
>> A comment that we need to correct for this installing it's
>> documentation into usr/share/libatomic_ops, rather that
>> usr/share/doc/libatomic_ops might be nice.
>> This could alternatively be written using a custom src_install which
>> calls cyginstall then moves the directory, which might be less
>> brittle to changes in the file list?
>> This might be an upstream defect if it doesn't respect --docdir?

Right, I've just sent a PR to the upstream to fix it. See
https://github.com/ivmai/libatomic_ops/pull/25
I've included it as a patch in the cygport file, which we can remove
in the next version if the PR is merged.

Similarly, the PR: https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/pull/161

>> I note we also have libgc-7.2d-2 as non-source package, which just
>> contains usr/share/doc/Cygwin/libgc.README. That probably needs to
>> be cleaned up by being obsoleted.

What is the procedure of obsoleting packages?

Best regards,
Andy