public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Re: Please upload opengl-1.1.0-9
@ 2008-12-04 16:05 André Bleau
From: André Bleau @ 2008-12-04 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Corinna Vinschen  wrote:

> Fortunately the direct download link which can be used with wget is
> part of the http page source, like this:
>   var _download = 'http\x3a\x2f\x2fzgul2q.blu.livefilestore.com\x2fy1pgH3dO8QEQaD56cx1a-
> RaOHrPBKgRIjh0-pZ_C7m7bevsUZlQgP36iBsbSWNeeCszSkTY5jxS5nc\x2fsetup.hint\x3fdownload';
> Convert the \x stuff and drop the trailing \x3fdownload and you get
> http://zgul2q.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pgH3dO8QEQaD56cx1a-RaOHrPBKgRIjh0-
> pZ_C7m7bevsUZlQgP36iBsbSWNeeCszSkTY5jxS5nc/setup.hint

Hi Corinna,

You're obviously a better http wizzard than I am. I've just learned something new!

> If you stick to skydrive, it would be nice if you could just give us the
> direct links.

You bet I will.

> Other than that, uploaded.  I removed 1.1.0-6 and 1.1.0-7.

Excellent. I just sent an announcement.

> Thanks,
> Corinna

You're welcome.

- André

* Re: Please upload opengl-1.1.0-9
@ 2008-12-04 13:09   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-12-04 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Dec  3 17:44, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Dec  3 10:24, Andr? Bleau wrote:
> >
> > Please upload opengl-1.1.0-9, keeping 1.1.0-8 as previous.
> > [...]
> > Please be aware that the following links are not "wget-able".
> > This is a caveat of skydrive.
>
> :(
> [...]

Fortunately the direct download link which can be used with wget is
part of the http page source, like this:

  var _download = 'http\x3a\x2f\x2fzgul2q.blu.livefilestore.com\x2fy1pgH3dO8QEQaD56cx1a-RaOHrPBKgRIjh0-pZ_C7m7bevsUZlQgP36iBsbSWNeeCszSkTY5jxS5nc\x2fsetup.hint\x3fdownload';

Convert the \x stuff and drop the trailing \x3fdownload and you get

http://zgul2q.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pgH3dO8QEQaD56cx1a-RaOHrPBKgRIjh0-pZ_C7m7bevsUZlQgP36iBsbSWNeeCszSkTY5jxS5nc/setup.hint

If you stick to skydrive, it would be nice if you could just give us the
direct links.

Other than that, uploaded.  I removed 1.1.0-6 and 1.1.0-7.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: Please upload opengl-1.1.0-9
@ 2008-12-04 11:26 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2008-12-04 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CygWin-Apps

André Bleau wrote:

> I don't have any other provider for now. Can you suggest me some free one?

This isn't free, but very cheap, and they're running a special now at
$15/year: you can open an email account with fastmail.fm, and they
provide a limited (100MB) amount of online file/http storage.

--
Chuck

* Re: Please upload opengl-1.1.0-9
@ 2008-12-03 17:07 André Bleau
From: André Bleau @ 2008-12-03 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Corinna Vinschen  wrote:

> :(
> Don't you have some other provider to upload files?  Cygwin.com is a
> remote system only accessible by ssh and the only way to fetch these
> files would be to fetch them first to my local machine, and then upload
> them to cygwin.com.  That's really inconvenient.
>
> Corinna

Hi Corinna,

I don't have any other provider for now. Can you suggest me some free one?

Regards,

- André Bleau, Cygwin's volunteer OpenGL package maintainer.

Please direct any question or comment about the OpenGL package to cygwin at cygwin dot com

* Re: Please upload opengl-1.1.0-9
@ 2008-12-03 16:44 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-12-03 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Dec  3 10:24, Andr? Bleau wrote:

> Please upload opengl-1.1.0-9, keeping 1.1.0-8 as previous.
> [...]
> Please be aware that the following links are not "wget-able".
> This is a caveat of skydrive.

:(

Don't you have some other provider to upload files?  Cygwin.com is a
remote system only accessible by ssh and the only way to fetch these
files would be to fetch them first to my local machine, and then upload
them to cygwin.com.  That's really inconvenient.

Corinna

Red Hat

* Please upload opengl-1.1.0-9
@ 2008-12-03 15:25 André Bleau
From: André Bleau @ 2008-12-03 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Please upload opengl-1.1.0-9, keeping 1.1.0-8 as previous.

This update should solve the problems that have been reported after the
release of new X server, such as:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2008-12/msg00003.html

The problems were due to some conflict with the last version of
the libGL-devel, libGLU-devel, libglut-devel packages. See:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-11/msg00037.html
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-11/msg00043.html

Unfortunately, users of the opengl package might have to change the way they
build their applications. See:

There is a remaining conflict with the w32api package, with a workaround.
This would be the subject of another thread.

Exerbs from the updated README.txt:

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------<

What has changed since opengl-1.1.0-8
-------------------------------------

A new symbolic link, /usr/include/opengl/GL -> /usr/include/w32api/GL was
added to be able to compile native OpenGL, GLU, GLUT, GLUI, and GLUIX program
when the libGL-devel, libGLU-devel, libglut-devel packages are also installed.
In that case, compiling with -I/usr/include/opengl is REQUIRED,
otherwise the headers from libGL-devel, libGLU-devel, libglut-devel will be
used, leading to missing functions at link time.
If the libglut-devel package is not installed, you can compile as usual.

usr/lib/glut32.lib is now provided. It should used instead of libglut32.a.

A bug introduced in opengl-1.1.0-6 was corrected in glut.h. The bug caused the
program to continue to run in the background if its window was closed by using
the close (X) icon in the title bar. If you prefer to keep that behavior, you
must recompile with -DGLUT_DISABLE_ATEXIT_HACK .

glut-examples was added to /usr/lib.

The helloGLUT example program was improved.

FAQ.txt was added.

http://cid-83947d81d2c2bf73.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public/opengl-1.1.0-9.tar.bz2
http://cid-83947d81d2c2bf73.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public/opengl-1.1.0-9-src.tar.bz2
http://cid-83947d81d2c2bf73.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public/setup.hint