On 09/09/2020 11:36, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: > On 04/09/2020 14:38, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: >> >> Thank you, that seemed to work well. >> >> New build dependencies added (also util-linux, binutils, cygwin, and >> coreutils), and updated as a noarch package with no other changes. The >> new files are in the "noarch" subdirectory at >> https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/. >> >> I gave the noarch packages I built on 64-bit Cygwin a spin on 32-bit >> Cygwin too, all seems fine. >> >> Hamish > Just realised, that I forgot (doh!) that both GetDevInfo and > DDRescue-GUI are in the Parted Magic (www.partedmagic.com) recovery > toolkit. I work with Patrick Verner to make sure the programs work well > under that distribution as well. Does this count as a Linux Distribution? > > If not, I still need two more votes, and while I know you're all > probably very busy, it'd be great if a couple more of you could take a > look at this :) > > Hamish Hmm, who decides (and how) what counts as a Linux distro? Parted Magic is a live disk/USB that contains a variety of system recovery tools, but is actively maintained and has a changelog and quality assurance etc so I suppose it could be included in the definition of a Linux distro? Either way, could anyone provide some insight as to whether bundling the Cygwin DLL would allow Cygwin programs to access the virtual /dev and /cygdrive paths? I have this all ready to be released for Windows, so one way or another I'll need to make a bundle anyway for convenience. It'd be great if it could make it into the official repos but I first submitted this ITP around a month ago so I don't have high hopes as of this point. I will be happy to work on improving device detection/discovery in Cygwin regardless, as and when time permits. Hamish