On 13/12/2020 20:12, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote: > On 09.12.2020 21:55, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: >> On 25/11/2020 10:02, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: >>>> Okay, so attached is my latest cygport file. I'm still building for >>>> 32-bit, so I'll upload and link to the new packages tomorrow. >>>> >>>> Changes: >>>> >>>> - Split BUILD_REQUIRES across two lines for definitely build time and >>>> probably only runtime deps. >>>> >>>> - Use system regex library explicitly. >>>> >>>> - Removed obsolete --without-gnomeprint option. >>>> >>>> - Use gnomevfs (old bug no longer seems to apply). >>>> >>>> I tried using the STL, but it results in libraries that don't work as: >>>> >>>> #1: the wxwidgets demos either segfault instantly or just exit >>>> instantly. >>>> >>>> #2: wxpython no longer works and returns the No such process error >>>> above. >>>> >>>> Hamish >>> Okay, cygport file attached again and the new packages can be had from >>> https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ as before. >>> >>> Hamish >> >> *bump* >> Would be good to get this verified so I can get on to other things for >> Cygwin. >> >> Hamish >> > > it builds and packages fine. > > but I tried to build the tests on gtk3/tests > >   make test.exe > > and it fails > > Regards > Marco Hi Marco, Yes, it does seem that the unit tests do not work correctly right now. I thought I had put a note about that in the emails and/or cygport file - my bad. The tests compile if you remove all references to the fswatcher component, but the results even when doing this are: - Cmdline tests segfault after a while. - GUI tests work, but only after installing wxWidgets tin the Cygwin installation. Many GTK3 tests fail, but I tested equivalent functionality manually and it seemed okay. So instead of using the automated tests, I built the samples under gtk2/samples and gtk3/samples and tested them manually. I've also built a test version of wxPython against this new build of wxWidgets and used the wxPython demo for even more manual testing. All seemed okay. I plan to build wxWidgets 3.1.x soon, which is still being updated, so I figure time is better spent trying to fix the unit tests for that release, and manual tested is hopefully good enough for the moment? Hamish