On 11/11/2020 17:36, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: > Ignore my previous message - whatever was wrong is now fixed. I didn't > change anything much so I think it was a dependency that had an issue > and was since recompiled. > > 64-bit build is done and seems to work fine. I'm testing it using the > samples, nearly all of which work, and new things that weren't in the > previous wxwidgets build now work (eg webview with webkit). > > I need to finish my testing and then build for 32-bit Cygwin, but all > seems good. > > When it's all done I'll email again with my cygport file attached and a > link to the file locations. > > Hamish Okay, I have successfully manually tested wxWidgets3.0 on both 32-bit and 64-bit Cygwin, and I haven't found any significant issues. It also seems to work with my existing wxPython build but I'm going to recompile that anyway just to be sure and to get the new version number for wxWidgets in the build. The test packages are available for download at https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ as usual, and my cygport file is attached here. Here's a quick summary of the changes I've made: - Updated to wxWidgets 3.0.5.1 from 3.0.4. - Added build dependencies. - Evaluated lots of new patches (over 80), and found that nearly none of them were needed (already patched in new source), so we only have a few new patches. - Updated the wxGTK collision patch for wxwidgets 3.0.5.1 as the old one wouldn't apply. - Use pushd and popd instead of cd in the cygport file. - Enable automated unit tests in the cygport file (these currently do work so I tested manually). - Enable and test wxwebview with webkit (works fine in all configurations). I'd like to use the AppVeyor CI tool to double check the build and build dependencies, but the very high RAM usage during compilation (12GB!) makes me think it might crash that system. Is it safe for me to proceed? I really don't want to ruin someone's day by crashing the CI system(s). I think I need a GTG beforeĀ  can do this because I don't currently own the package, but I'm not sure. Finally, I'm going to keep these as test packages until I've got wxPython build and tested against them, which will be maybe another week or so depending on other priorities. Any feedback is very welcome :) Hamish