public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
From: "Schulman, Andrew via cygwin-apps" <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
To: Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>,
	"cygwin-apps@cygwin.com"	<cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Subject: RE: updated SSH key
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 21:35:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Thanks!

I was just sitting here thinking about the merits of verifying a new key request like that by some kind of secure signature system, versus just posting the request on a public mailing list, and having a human acknowledge to the developer's previously known email address. I have to say, I can't see much more security benefit from the first method, that would justify the extra hassle. The second method is pleasantly simple.

Andrew E. Schulman
Office of Compliance
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
202-564-5244