public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITA] openexr and ilmbase
@ 2022-07-07  4:43 Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-07-07  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Guys,

updating latest GDAL I noticed that one of the potential dependency was
orphan.

As the current upstream code of the two interlinked packages openexr and
ilmbase is currently merged I propose to do the same

https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/openexr/tags

version 3 does not build, so for the time being, I will release the
latest 2.5.8 version

Attached cygport.
I am aware that not all tests pass cleanly

Regards
Marco

[-- Attachment #2: openexr.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1612 bytes --]

inherit cmake ninja

NAME="openexr"
VERSION=2.5.8
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Libs"
SUMMARY="Utility libraries used by OpenEXR"
DESCRIPTION="General utility libraries used by OpenEXR:
* Half is a class that encapsulates our 16-bit floating-point format.
* IlmThread is a thread abstraction library for use with OpenEXR
and other software packages.  It currently supports pthreads and
Windows threads.
* Imath implements 2D and 3D vectors, 3x3 and 4x4 matrices, quaternions
and other useful 2D and 3D math functions.
* Iex is an exception-handling library."

HOMEPAGE="http://openexr.com/"
SRC_URI="https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/openexr/archive/refs/tags/v${PV}.tar.gz"
SRC_DIR="openexr-${PV}"

PKG_NAMES="libilmbase2_5_25 libIlmImf2_25_26 libilmbase-common libIlmImf-devel openexr-utilities"

libopenexr_devel_OBSOLETES="libIlmImf-devel libilmbase-devel"

libIlmImf2_25_26_DESCRIPTION="High dynamic-range image format"
libIlmImf2_25_26_CONTENTS="
usr/bin/cygIlmImf-2_5-26.dll
usr/bin/cygIlmImfUtil-2_5-26.dll
"
libilmbase2_5_25_CONTENTS="
usr/bin/cygHalf-2_5-25.dll
usr/bin/cygIex-2_5-25.dll
usr/bin/cygIexMath-2_5-25.dll
usr/bin/cygIlmThread-2_5-25.dll
usr/bin/cygImath-2_5-25.dll
"
libilmbase_common_CONTENTS="usr/share/doc/"
libopenexr_devel_CONTENTS='usr/include/ usr/lib/'
openexr_utilities_CONTENTS="
usr/bin/exrenvmap.exe
usr/bin/exrheader.exe
usr/bin/exrmakepreview.exe
usr/bin/exrmaketiled.exe
usr/bin/exrmultipart.exe
usr/bin/exrmultiview.exe
usr/bin/exrstdattr.exe
usr/bin/exr2aces.exe
"

src_install() {
	cd ${B}
	ninja_install
	rm ${D}/usr/lib/cyg*.dll
}

src_test() {
	cd ${B}
	ninja test

* Re: [ITA] openexr and ilmbase
@ 2022-07-07  5:35 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-07-07  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

latest version attached

On 07.07.2022 06:43, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> updating latest GDAL I noticed that one of the potential dependency was
> orphan.
>
> As the current upstream code of the two interlinked packages openexr and
> ilmbase is currently merged I propose to do the same
>
> https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/openexr/tags
>

> version 3 does not build, so for the time being, I will release the
> latest 2.5.8 version
>
> Attached cygport.
> I am aware that not all tests pass cleanly
>

> Regards
> Marco

[-- Attachment #2: openexr.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1613 bytes --]

inherit cmake ninja

NAME="openexr"
VERSION=2.5.8
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Libs"
SUMMARY="Utility libraries used by OpenEXR"
DESCRIPTION="General utility libraries used by OpenEXR:
* Half is a class that encapsulates our 16-bit floating-point format.
* IlmThread is a thread abstraction library for use with OpenEXR
and other software packages.  It currently supports pthreads and
Windows threads.
* Imath implements 2D and 3D vectors, 3x3 and 4x4 matrices, quaternions
and other useful 2D and 3D math functions.
* Iex is an exception-handling library."

HOMEPAGE="http://openexr.com/"
SRC_URI="https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/openexr/archive/refs/tags/v${PV}.tar.gz"
SRC_DIR="openexr-${PV}"

PKG_NAMES="libilmbase2_5_25 libIlmImf2_25_26 libilmbase-common libopenexr-devel openexr-utilities"

@ 2022-07-07 17:59   ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-07-07 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Atzeri, cygwin-apps

On 07/07/2022 06:35, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> latest version attached
>
> On 07.07.2022 06:43, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> updating latest GDAL I noticed that one of the potential dependency
>> was orphan.
>>
>> As the current upstream code of the two interlinked packages openexr and
>> ilmbase is currently merged I propose to do the same
>>
>> https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/openexr/tags
>>

>> version 3 does not build, so for the time being, I will release the
>> latest 2.5.8 version
>>
>> Attached cygport.
>> I am aware that not all tests pass cleanly

Thanks.  Looks good.

> libIlmImf2_25_26_DESCRIPTION="High dynamic-range image format"
> libIlmImf2_25_26_CONTENTS="
> usr/bin/cygIlmImf-2_5-26.dll
> usr/bin/cygIlmImfUtil-2_5-26.dll
> "

Except, why is this package not named 'libIlmImf2_5_26'? (cf.
'libilmbase2_5_25')

> libilmbase_common_CONTENTS="usr/share/doc/"

Perhaps this package should be named 'something-doc' instead?

* Re: [ITA] openexr and ilmbase
@ 2022-07-07 19:06     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-07-07 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Turney, cygwin-apps

On 07.07.2022 19:59, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 07/07/2022 06:35, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> latest version attached
>>
>> On 07.07.2022 06:43, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> updating latest GDAL I noticed that one of the potential dependency
>>> was orphan.
>>>
>>> As the current upstream code of the two interlinked packages openexr and
>>> ilmbase is currently merged I propose to do the same
>>>
>>> https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/openexr/tags
>>>

>>> version 3 does not build, so for the time being, I will release the
>>> latest 2.5.8 version
>>>
>>> Attached cygport.
>>> I am aware that not all tests pass cleanly
>
> Thanks.  Looks good.
>
>> libIlmImf2_25_26_DESCRIPTION="High dynamic-range image format"
>> libIlmImf2_25_26_CONTENTS="
>> usr/bin/cygIlmImf-2_5-26.dll
>> usr/bin/cygIlmImfUtil-2_5-26.dll
>> "
>
> Except, why is this package not named 'libIlmImf2_5_26'? (cf.
> 'libilmbase2_5_25')

hops, thanks for catching

>> libilmbase_common_CONTENTS="usr/share/doc/"
>
> Perhaps this package should be named 'something-doc' instead?

I just avoided to rename the current one

https://cygwin.com/packages/x86_64/libilmbase-common/libilmbase-common-2.2.0-1