Hello to everyone, I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for the program jdupes. https://github.com/jbruchon/jdupes/ It would be a new package for the cygwin distribution, but it is already distributed on different systems. For example https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=jdupes https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-misc/jdupes https://software.opensuse.org/package/jdupes https://pkgs.org/download/jdupes https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/testing/x86_64/jdupes https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/jdupes https://www.freshports.org/sysutils/jdupes/ The current release can be downloaded from https://github.com/jbruchon/jdupes/releases/tag/v1.21.0 and can be compiled on cygwin without patches (necessary changes have been integrated by the author after contacting him). jdupes has a native windows port, but I see an added value having it available in cygwin. It is a program similar to fdupes (already present in cygwin), and is not a drop-in replacement. From the website description: > Why use jdupes instead of the original fdupes or other duplicate finders? > > The biggest reason is raw speed. In testing on various data sets, jdupes is over 7 times faster than fdupes-1.51 on average. .hint and .cygport files are attached Best regards Federico