On 2021-01-09 22:50, Brian Inglis wrote: > Please apply the attached patch to avoid my further spamming of the announce > list again, as my ISP SMTP server requires a valid SMTP Hello domain, does not > accept Unix Mbox 'From '  initial header line, and various other requirements to > work reliably for sending, and receiving at sourceware. > > The changes were based on git-send-email SMTP exchanges, which have never been > an issue. > They main parts are implemented behind flag variables > SMTP_HELLO_DOMAIN (default 1 - fixes my issue and should work generally) and > SMTP_MBOX_FROM (default 0 - fixes my issue and should work generally), > which could be supported in cygport.conf, but I have not yet made doc patches, > as I would like feedback if there are any issues with the changes or flag > variable names, being a plain, not Perl, scripter ;^> > > Other tweaks were required to make the headers more SMTP compliant and to avoid > issues with picky (configuration of?) ISP SMTP servers. Resend with current patch. -- Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised. [Data in binary units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]