public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Please update nasm package
@ 2024-05-27  8:52 Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2024-05-27  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: Michal Feix

Hi,

I'm planning to submit ITP for dav1d
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/dav1d
and tried to build it on cygwin, however, it failed because
nasm is too old. The current stable version is 2.16.03 while
cygwin package version is 2.13.01.

Could the maintainer please update the nasm package?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

* Re: Please update nasm package
@ 2024-05-27 19:18 ` Michal Feix
From: Michal Feix @ 2024-05-27 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano, cygwin-apps

> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to submit ITP for dav1d
> https://code.videolan.org/videolan/dav1d
> and tried to build it on cygwin, however, it failed because
> nasm is too old. The current stable version is 2.16.03 while
> cygwin package version is 2.13.01.
>
> Could the maintainer please update the nasm package?

Hi Takashi, I will have a look into this troghout the rest of this week.

Best,

--
Michal Feix

* Re: Please update nasm package
@ 2024-05-27 19:20 ` Michal Feix
From: Michal Feix @ 2024-05-27 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano, cygwin-apps

@ 2024-05-27 22:50   ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2024-05-27 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: Michal Feix

On Mon, 27 May 2024 21:18:08 +0200
Michal Feix <michal@feix.cz> wrote:
> > I'm planning to submit ITP for dav1d
> > https://code.videolan.org/videolan/dav1d
> > and tried to build it on cygwin, however, it failed because
> > nasm is too old. The current stable version is 2.16.03 while
> > cygwin package version is 2.13.01.
> >
> > Could the maintainer please update the nasm package?
>
> Hi Takashi, I will have a look into this troghout the rest of this week.

Thanks for quick response!

--

@ 2024-05-27 23:13     ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2024-05-27 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: Michal Feix

On Tue, 28 May 2024 07:50:08 +0900
Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 May 2024 21:18:08 +0200
> Michal Feix <michal@feix.cz> wrote:
> > > I'm planning to submit ITP for dav1d
> > > https://code.videolan.org/videolan/dav1d
> > > and tried to build it on cygwin, however, it failed because
> > > nasm is too old. The current stable version is 2.16.03 while
> > > cygwin package version is 2.13.01.
> > >
> > > Could the maintainer please update the nasm package?
> >
> > Hi Takashi, I will have a look into this troghout the rest of this week.
>
> Thanks for quick response!

I think it's unnecessary meddling,
v2.16.03 can be successfully built by the cygport file:

NAME="nasm"
VERSION=2.16.03
RELEASE=1
LICENSE="BSD 2-Clause"
CATEGORY="Devel"
SUMMARY="The Netwide Assembler"
DESCRIPTION="NASM is a widespread, portable, very flexible and mature
assembler tool with support for many output formats licensed under the
2-clause BSD licence."
HOMEPAGE="http://www.nasm.us/"
SRC_URI="http://www.nasm.us/pub/nasm/releasebuilds/${PV}/${P}.tar.xz"

src_compile() {