public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITA] xloadimage
@ 2014-06-24 21:49 David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2014-06-24 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

xloadimage is an X11 image viewer and processor. The Cygwin package was
orphaned by Jari earlier this month [1].

# 32-bit:
BASEURL=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119453582/Cygwin/32bit/release
wget --no-check-certificate --no-host-directories --force-directories
--cut-dirs=5 \
${BASEURL}/xloadimage/setup.hint \
${BASEURL}/xloadimage/xloadimage-4.1-2-src.tar.xz \
${BASEURL}/xloadimage/xloadimage-4.1-2.tar.xz \
${BASEURL}/xloadimage/xloadimage-debuginfo/setup.hint \
${BASEURL}/xloadimage/xloadimage-debuginfo/xloadimage-debuginfo-4.1-2.tar.xz

# 64-bit:
BASEURL=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119453582/Cygwin/64bit/release
wget --no-check-certificate --no-host-directories --force-directories
--cut-dirs=5 \
${BASEURL}/xloadimage/setup.hint \
${BASEURL}/xloadimage/xloadimage-4.1-2-src.tar.xz \
${BASEURL}/xloadimage/xloadimage-4.1-2.tar.xz \
${BASEURL}/xloadimage/xloadimage-debuginfo/setup.hint \
${BASEURL}/xloadimage/xloadimage-debuginfo/xloadimage-debuginfo-4.1-2.tar.xz

xloadimage hasn't been updated for 20 years, and is effectively
maintained out of Debian with a growing number of patches, some of which
are quite substantial. xloadimage is (almost entirely) obsoleted by
ImageMagick, but there are some legacy image formats that xloadimage
supports that ImageMagick does not. So for this reason it deserves at
least one more outing.

xloadimage is still found in Debian, Fedora and their respective
offshoots [2].

This build has the latest patch set from Debian (29 in total), one patch
from Fedora, and a patch of my own making that fixes the CMUWM image
handling in 64-bit. Packaging is through cygport, and is heavily
inspired by the Fedora 'spec' file.

This is the first build of xloadimage for 64-bit. However, for my own
sanity, the build number is '-2' for both architectures.

Many thanks in advance for looking at this package,

Dave.

[1] - https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2014-06/msg00045.html
[2] - http://pkgs.org/search/xloadimage

* Re: [ITA] xloadimage
@ 2014-06-25  7:46 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-06-25  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Jun 24 22:49, David Stacey wrote:
> xloadimage is an X11 image viewer and processor. The Cygwin package was
> orphaned by Jari earlier this month [1].

Thanks for taking over.  Looks good, please upload.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: [ITA] xloadimage
@ 2014-07-04 14:20   ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2014-07-04 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps