public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Re: Texmf stalled, or waiting for votes?
@ 2002-01-27 11:13 Jérôme-Georges-Michel BENOIT
From: Jérôme-Georges-Michel BENOIT @ 2002-01-27 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: janneke

Bonjour:

I have just checked the texmf-* tarballs:
in the directory 'usr/doc'
the subdirectory `cygwin'
is `cygwin' but not `Cygwin'
(the first charactere is a lower case).

Otherwise I wonder if we can install
and uninstall the tetex-beta and texmf-* packages without damages:
on my computer the uninstallation
of `tetex-beta' modify the directory
`/usr/share/texmf' and I have to make
some fixes by hand.

I guess that the next step to see that
is to make the texmf-* available
for test for a while
in such a way we can adjust
tetex-beta and texmf-*.

Thanks,
Jerome

* Re: Texmf stalled, or waiting for votes?
@ 2002-01-27 12:14 ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2002-01-27 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jérôme-Georges-Michel BENOIT; +Cc: cygwin-apps

"Jérôme-Georges-Michel BENOIT" <JGMBenoit@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> I have just checked the texmf-* tarballs:

Ok, thanks.

> in the directory 'usr/doc' the subdirectory `cygwin' is `cygwin' but
> not `Cygwin' (the first charactere is a lower case).

Hmm, strange.  It looks ok here:

    tar tjf ~/g/tar/texmf/texmf-20000804-2.tar.bz2 | grep Cygwin
    usr/doc/Cygwin/
    usr/doc/Cygwin/texmf-20000804-2.README

Maybe you already had a `usr/doc/cygwin' ligging around?  That would
prevent creating the capitalised Cygwin from being created.

> Otherwise I wonder if we can install and uninstall the tetex-beta
> and texmf-* packages without damages: on my computer the
> uninstallation of `tetex-beta' modify the directory
> `/usr/share/texmf' and I have to make some fixes by hand.

Yes.  I've made a patch for setup.exe, which has been included, so
that it now accepts pre- and postremove scripts.  The difficult thing
is to figure out what exactly should be done, and when.

> I guess that the next step to see that is to make the texmf-*
> available for test for a while in such a way we can adjust
> tetex-beta and texmf-*.

Yes, I would think so too.  I've received a few good reports, and sent
one small problem with solution to the cygwin list this week.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter

* Re: Texmf stalled, or waiting for votes?
@ 2002-01-28  7:42 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2002-01-28  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 04:24:49PM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the status of the texmf packages?  I expected to probably get
> some comment on the hint files (Corinna said they seemed ok, but
> didn't know too much about TeX), or some other suggestions for the
> packages; and hoped they'd be uploaded to contrib some time after.
>
> Possibly we're still waiting for a third aye vote?

As per Jerome's suggestion you should add the test markers to
your hint files and when you ping that you're ready, I'll upload
them, ok?  If you could give the URL again in your mail, I'd
appreciate it :-)

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Texmf stalled, or waiting for votes?
@ 2002-01-27 11:00 Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2002-01-27 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi,

What's the status of the texmf packages?  I expected to probably get
some comment on the hint files (Corinna said they seemed ok, but
didn't know too much about TeX), or some other suggestions for the
packages; and hoped they'd be uploaded to contrib some time after.

Possibly we're still waiting for a third aye vote?

Greetings,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter