public inbox for cygwin-developers@cygwin.com
  • [parent not found: <alpine.DEB.2.10.1503062257590.9654@digraph.polyomino.org.uk>]
  • * Evil deed: Switching development repository to git
    @ 2015-03-05 15:12 Corinna Vinschen
    From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-05 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
      To: cygwin-developers

    Hi folks,

    next week, I'm planning to move the combined newlib/libgloss and cygwin
    repository from CVS to git.  The basic stuff is quickly done, but hooks,
    mailing list handling, and changes to the websites are to be done, so I
    expect the switch to take about two days.

    I'll set up a commit moratorium starting next Monday at about 10:00 UTC.

    When the git repo is up and working I'll throw the lever and inform the
    mailing lists.  Afterwards you can expect to access the new combined
    newlib/cygwin git repository via either

      git clone git://sourceware.org/git/newlib-cygwin.git

    or, if you have write permissions on the repo

      git clone sourceware.org:/git/newlib-cygwin.git

    or, for the web view:

      https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=newlib-cygwin.git

    Corinna

    Red Hat