public inbox for cygwin-developers@cygwin.com
* Re: Evil deed: Switching development repository to git
       [not found] ` <F2C22140-82E0-470B-9F87-9DC45503CA9C@oarcorp.com>
@ 2015-03-05 15:59   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-05 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib, cygwin-developers

Hi Joel,

On Mar  5 09:32, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On March 5, 2015 8:55:41 AM CST, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com> wrote:
> >Hi folks,
> >

> >next week, I'm planning to move the combined newlib/libgloss and cygwin
> >repository from CVS to git.  The basic stuff is quickly done, but
> >hooks,
> >mailing list handling, and changes to the websites are to be done, so I
> >expect the switch to take about two days.
> >
> >I'll set up a commit moratorium starting next Monday at about 10:00
> >UTC.
> >
> >When the git repo is up and working I'll throw the lever and inform the
> >mailing lists.  Afterwards you can expect to access the new combined
> >newlib/cygwin git repository via either
> >
> >  git clone git://sourceware.org/git/newlib-cygwin.git
> >
> >or, if you have write permissions on the repo
> >
> >  git clone sourceware.org:/git/newlib-cygwin.git
> >
> >or, for the web view:
> >
> >  https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=newlib-cygwin.git
>
> May I say yeah! And thank you!
>
> I am sure it will go smoothly. A couple of web pages will need
> updating but that should be it.

There's also some packaging stuff and the snapshot creation scripts
for Cygwin.  But that will come over time.

> Is this basically replacing the git mirror?

I don't know anything about the git mirror.  I'm going to set up
the repo from scratch.  I had a few testruns already and it looks
pretty well, I think.

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: Evil deed: Switching development repository to git
       [not found] ` <alpine.DEB.2.10.1503062257590.9654@digraph.polyomino.org.uk>
@ 2015-03-09 10:53   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-09 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib, cygwin-developers

On Mar  6 23:02, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Mar 2015, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >

> > next week, I'm planning to move the combined newlib/libgloss and cygwin
> > repository from CVS to git.  The basic stuff is quickly done, but hooks,
> > mailing list handling, and changes to the websites are to be done, so I
> > expect the switch to take about two days.
>
> Exactly which files and directories from the src repository will be
> included in the new git repository?
>
> Will the src CVS repository be made read-only after the move (the whole
> thing rather than just the moved directories)?

I'm not the one to make such a decision.  I'm moving newlib and cygwin
to git and disallow further checkins into these two project subdirs
inside the CVS tree, nothing else.

Corinna

--

@ 2015-03-10 19:45   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-10 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

On Mar 10 15:59, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 05/03/2015 15:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >next week, I'm planning to move the combined newlib/libgloss and cygwin
> >repository from CVS to git.  The basic stuff is quickly done, but hooks,
> >mailing list handling, and changes to the websites are to be done, so I
> >expect the switch to take about two days.
> >
> >I'll set up a commit moratorium starting next Monday at about 10:00 UTC.
> >
> >When the git repo is up and working I'll throw the lever and inform the
> >mailing lists.  Afterwards you can expect to access the new combined
> >newlib/cygwin git repository via either
> >
> >   git clone git://sourceware.org/git/newlib-cygwin.git
> >
> >or, if you have write permissions on the repo
> >
> >   git clone sourceware.org:/git/newlib-cygwin.git
>
> Many thanks for this!
>
> If you have write permissions, you may find it more convenient to do:
>
> git clone git://sourceware.org/git/newlib-cygwin.git
> git remote set-url --push origin sourceware.org:/git/newlib-cygwin.git
>
> ... as then you don't have to authenticate to pull, only to push.

Uh ok.  Good to know.

Thanks,
Corinna

@ 2015-03-10 15:59 ` Jon TURNEY