On Apr 17 15:02, Bryan Berns wrote: > On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Corinna Vinschen > wrote: > > On Apr 17 14:11, Bryan Berns wrote: > > > >> Why would someone want to do this crazy thing? In short, I continue > >> to struggle with the current Cygwin permissions handling for certain > >> drives where programs do sanity checks on group readability (e.g., > >> ssh). > > > > That puzzles me. OpenSSH is upstream Cygwin-aware, and the code skips > > permission checks on files if the underlying filesystem does not support > > permissions (e.g. noacl or FAT FS). What problem do you have in real > > life with noacl? > > > > Hmm... good question. I honestly not sure I put it to a practical test > -- I just saw it was reporting group read via 'ls -l' and stopped > there. I'll give it a shot on Monday. You may have made my day.... I > really didn't *want* to do what I was proposing :P Heh :) If you still find a problem when using ssh on a noacl filesystem, I'd lean towards fixing ssh in that case. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat