Hi Andy, in theory this is the wrong mailing list. The right one for this type of question is cygwin AT cygwin DOT com. But see below. On Oct 29 11:47, Andy O'Shaughnessy wrote: > I am able to mount an NFS share from Linux but when I use Cygwin I get > a stranger error: > > $ mount /// /tmp/test1 > > $ ls -lrt /tmp > ls: cannot access /tmp/test1: No such file or directory > total 0 > d????????? ? ? ? ? ? test1 > > But when I run the following I get : > > $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /tmp/test1 > NtOpenFile(\??\UNC\\) failed, c00000be > > Note : 0xC00000BE = STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_PATH > > The mount happened but not properly. > It might be linked to Windows McAfee Firewalls. > I would guess this mailing list will readily know what is wrong As Ryan indicated it may be related to firewall settings, but let's take a step back first. - Accessing NFS shares does not work out of the box on Windows. You have to install the NFS feature in Windows first: Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> Services for NFS If the above doesn't exist on your machine, you're out of luck. Since Windows 7 this feature is only available to Enterprise customers :( - In an AD environment you also should make sure to have the required authentication as a UNIX user with the right UID/GID. I urge you to read https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html, especially https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-nfs and https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-nsswitch-posix - In the administrative "Services for NFS" dialog, make sure to disable the krb5 security flavors. I had a lot of trouble with them, but there's a good chance I did something wrong, so take this with a grain of salt. - NFSv4 is not support. Export the shares with NFSv3. - If you export a share on Unix/Linux like this (/etc/exports): /foo/bar/baz ... there won't be a //server/foo share! There won't be a //server/baz share either. Rather you have to access the full path as in //server/foo/bar/baz. And that sometimes fails for no good reason. Therefore, ideally construct your server paths to be exported with a single path component, e.g., symlink or bind mount /foo/bar/baz to /baz and then export /baz. HTH, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat