Yaakov, can you take a look, please? Thanks, Corinna On Jun 23 15:50, Ben RUBSON wrote: > On 29 May 2018 18:59, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > I suggest to build your own Cygwin and bisect it. > > So I tried to bisect and had some difficulties. > I used a fresh 32 bits installation on a 64 bits system and followed this > howto : > https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.programming.building-cygwin > > Prior to this commit : 6a848db44242a24d6570ef7994918c66ce483fd2 > 2017-11-29 - Yaakov Selkowitz - cygwin: export SSP functions > (which is the one JonY suspects) > > With gcc 7.3, compilation fails with undefined __stack_chk_fail, > __stack_chk_guard etc... > With gcc 6.4, compilation succeeds. Cygwin correctly starts with the new > cygwin1.dll, but then, some programs, such as cmake (cmake --help) do not > show any output anymore. > Same behavior using Cygwin snapshots. As it worked a few weeks ago, I tried > to downgrade some runtime libraries, but with no luck. > This is easily reproductible, just install Cygwin32 on a 64-bits system, and > select Cygwin 2.9 library instead of the 2.10 one. > > So, unfortunately, I was not able to test any commit prior to the one given > above. > This commit however correctly compiles with both gcc 6.4 and 7.3. > Cygwin correctly starts with it, program correctly show their output. And > I'm able to reproduce the issue I opened this topic for. > So something important has changed between 2017-11-14 and 2017-11-29 which > triggers this bug. > > Perhaps the new SSP mechanism is more powerful than the previous one and > triggers a long-time existing bug ? > > Thank you again, > > Ben -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat