On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 18:56:23 +0900 Takashi Yano wrote: > On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 11:03:39 +0200 > Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > I don't quite follow the argument. Blocking pipes are using > > asynchronous IO, so they are in fact not blocking calls on the > > OS level. After calling NtWriteFile, the blocking variation > > will go into the subsequent > > > > waitret = cygwait (evt, INFINITE, cw_cancel | cw_sig); > > > > So, wouldn't you get the same effect by keeping the pipe in > > FILE_PIPE_QUEUE_OPERATION mode and just add a timeout to the above > > cygwait call and handle select_sem in a not yet existing WAIT_TIMEOUT > > conditional? > > Sounds reasonable. I revised the patches. Do you mean something like > patch attached? Revised a bit. -- Takashi Yano