public inbox for cygwin-licensing@cygwin.com
* distributing CygWin on a CD with a textbook: how to acknowloedge
@ 2005-12-06  9:26 Giovanni Organtini
From: Giovanni Organtini @ 2005-12-06  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-licensing

Hi.
Me and my colleagues are writing a textbook on Scientific Programming
for degree students. It will be published by Addison Wesley (in
Italian, first, then we hope to translate it in English). The content
of the book is almost platform independent, but we suggested UNIX for
many applications and CygWin as a tool to be used at home for
exercises.

We are wondering about including a CD in the textbook with the
complete CygWin distribution on it. According to the license terms, as
far as I understand, this is feasible. However, of course, we would
like to acknowledge the authors in the text. The acknowledgments
should be short, of course, but complete. I have not found in the site
a clear statement about how to properly acknowledge you excellent
work.

Can you provide a short text for it?

Thank you very much

--
Giovanni Organtini
Dip. di Fisica Univ. "La Sapienza" & INFN-Sez. di Roma