public inbox for cygwin-licensing@cygwin.com
* question about the file get_high_address.c
@ 2011-03-21 15:39 Max Müller
From: Max Müller @ 2011-03-21 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-licensing

Hello,

I have a question concerning the file get_high_address.c.
It contains

(C) COPYRIGHT CRAY RESEARCH, INC.
UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY INFORMATION.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
.

Could you please tell me whether use is possible without infringement?

Thank you.

* Re: question about the file get_high_address.c
@ 2011-03-21 16:24 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2011-03-21 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-licensing

On Mar 21 13:43, Max Müller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question concerning the file get_high_address.c.
> It contains
>
> (C) COPYRIGHT CRAY RESEARCH, INC.
> UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY INFORMATION.
> ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> .
>
> Could you please tell me whether use is possible without infringement?

The copyright notice was old and outdated.  The original contributor of
this file to the upstream project, SGI, fixed the copyright notice
already back in 2000.  I just did the same in the Cygwin LTP testsuite.

Other than that, we can't give you definitive legal advice here, for
hopefully obvious reasons (IANAL and all that).  Have a look into the
updated, correct copyright notice and see if it works for you.  If you
need definitive legal advice, you should really ask your legal dept.

Corinna

Red Hat