public inbox for cygwin-licensing@cygwin.com
To: cygwin-licensing@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Rsync over ssh (pulling from Cygwin to Linux) stalls..
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:59:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> - The copyright assignment is older than Red Hat's ownership of
>   Cygwin.  It was already the exact same way (just change names) when
>   Cygwin was owned by Cygnus.
>
> - Removing the copyright assignment does not lift the GPL from Cygwin.

Both of these points are irrelevant to my point of view, neither were
being disputed.

> - That's the last time I participate in a fruitless discussion about
>   the Cygwin copyright assignment.  I can't change it, you can't change
>   it.  If you don't want to take it as it is, don't contribute.

The issue of assignment agreement only affects submissions to the
official tree, it doesn't affect what I call a contribution which is
anything made publically available under the GPL.

I am happy not to change RedHat's process.  But it is possible to still
contribute changes under the GPL, that contribution will be made
available somewhere outside of cygwin.com.

Thank you for your points of view,

Darryl