public inbox for cygwin-licensing@cygwin.com
From: Emmanuel Torre <etorre@capdata.fr>
To: cygwin-licensing@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: redhat does not answer ...
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:22:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Thanks you for your attention.

we have no usual contact at RedHat company.
As we are in France, we mailed a few days ago to germany@redhat.com &
europe@redhat.com, as mentioned on the RH site.

Precedently, some years ago, we used to deliver bash scripts to our
clients so no compilation at all.
Now we use an utility (SHC) that generates a C program (one per bash
script) that contains the encrypted bash script. The C program decrypts
the bash and execute it on the fly.

These C programs are compiled with gcc in a Cygwin environment and needs
the cygwin1.dll to be able to execute (else you get the cygwin1.dll not
found when double-clicking on the .exe) : so we can say it is linked
against the cygwin1.dll.

Can you give me the price of such a license ?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Emmanuel