public inbox for cygwin-licensing@cygwin.com
* Request for printscreen use in academic environment
@ 2014-12-15 12:54 Ioannis Karydis
From: Ioannis Karydis @ 2014-12-15 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-licensing

To whom it may concern,

The Hellenic Open University (HOU) is a non-profit institution that
uses exclusively the Distance Learning Methodology for all the
undergraduate and postgraduate courses it offers.

In the pursuit of its educational mission, the HOU intends to proceed
to the publication of print/digital educational material concerning
the discipline of Computer Science within the realm of the
postgraduate course PLS-60 Specialization in Software Engineering and
for this reason has assigned me the development of two chapters on
current methodologies and techniques for programming where I intend to
teach the use of Advanced methods for web programming.

Currently it has been deemed necessary from an educational
perspective, to illustrate and enrich the aforementioned educational
material with the following: printscreens of the installation and use
of cygwin.

Of course, the above items will be included given your agreement and
your written permission towards the HOU, while full reference will be
made to the original source in accordance to your wishes.

Moreover, please note that the educational material to be published by
the HOU is intended primarily for use by HOU students registered to
the module "Modern programming paradigms" of the postgraduate course
PLS-60 Specialization in Software Engineering  and their respective
teaching staff. This is not to exclude its future sale or use in
related disciplines.

Should you not be the sole rights holder of the aforementioned
material, we kindly request that you inform me, so that I may proceed
to acquire all necessary permissions on behalf of the HOU.

Kindly note that I am presently referring to you on behalf of the
institution; permissions of use should be given to the Hellenic Open
University.

We are looking forward to your positive reply in writing at your
earliest convenience.

Sincerely yours,

For the Hellenic Open University,
Ioannis Karydis
Dept. of Informatics, Ionian University
7 Tsirigoti Square, Kerkyra 49100, Greece
web: http://users.ionio.gr/~karydis/