public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* [UNINTERESTING DETAIL] I have a new job
@ 2006-09-26 16:06 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-09-26 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

For those people who are keeping track of these things: I am now working
at Network Appliance.  So, when someone claims that all of the main
Cygwin developers work at Red Hat, the response should be that one of
them works for Netapp.

Now that I've got a new job, I'm hoping that I will be energized to work
on Cygwin a little more than I have been in the last several months.

cgf

* RE: [UNINTERESTING DETAIL] I have a new job
@ 2006-09-27 21:20 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-09-27 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'copious spare timesys?'

On 26 September 2006 16:36, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> For those people who are keeping track of these things: I am now working
> at Network Appliance.

   Hey, we've got one of those!

> So, when someone claims that all of the main
> Cygwin developers work at Red Hat, the response should be that one of
> them works for Netapp.

  Hey, I noticed you last using the timesys signature sometime back in August,
but that was when the make-vs-dos-paths thread was going on, so I thought you
were just trying to go incognito so people would stop hassling you!

> Now that I've got a new job, I'm hoping that I will be energized to work
> on Cygwin a little more than I have been in the last several months.

  Best of luck.

  Actually, you should feel right at home with the job; NetApp filers and
Cygwin have one thing in common: a brain-mangling mixture of NT ACLs and unix
uid/gid-based perms!

    cheers,
      DaveK