public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* RE: File Name Case Sensitivity & Globbing! Was: file system name case insensitivity issue: Possible inclusion for the FAQ or User Manual?
       [not found]         ` <20110527161121.GI28752@calimero.vinschen.de>
@ 2011-05-27 16:30           ` Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]
From: Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] @ 2011-05-27 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On May 27 12:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>So actually I got it wrong.

"Say it ain't so, Joe!  Say it ain't so!"

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Shoeless_Joe_Jackson#Quotes_about_Jackson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoeless_Joe_Jackson#Black_Sox_scandal

       [not found]             ` <20110528075022.GA19027@calimero.vinschen.de>
@ 2011-05-28 14:45               ` Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]
From: Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] @ 2011-05-28 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin-talk@cygwin.com'

Corinna Vinschen sent the following at Saturday, May 28, 2011 3:50 AM
>I'm not a native English speaker, but it's still frustrating how my
>words are misunderstood.

Personally, I think your English is excellent.  I don't remember ever
noticing anything that you've written that showed any evidence of you
being a non-native English speaker.  I not only didn't notice it, but
I noticed that I hadn't noticed it.)  And I say this having been
married for over twenty years to a non-native speaker whose written
English is excellent but, for the first decade and a half, showed
evidence of being written by a non-native speaker.

I find your writing to be careful and clear.  If there is a
misunderstanding of something you wrote, I always bet on the problem
being with the reader.

- Barry

@ 2011-05-28 17:51                 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2011-05-28 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On May 28 10:45, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen sent the following at Saturday, May 28, 2011 3:50 AM
> >I'm not a native English speaker, but it's still frustrating how my
> >words are misunderstood.
>
> Personally, I think your English is excellent.  I don't remember ever
> noticing anything that you've written that showed any evidence of you
> being a non-native English speaker.  I not only didn't notice it, but
> I noticed that I hadn't noticed it.)  And I say this having been
> married for over twenty years to a non-native speaker whose written
> English is excellent but, for the first decade and a half, showed
> evidence of being written by a non-native speaker.
>
> I find your writing to be careful and clear.  If there is a
> misunderstanding of something you wrote, I always bet on the problem
> being with the reader.

Thanks, that's nice.  Hey, hippos, did you hear that?

Corinna