public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* RE: -fno-inline -O1  breaks ntohs()
@ 2006-09-18 23:05 Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2006-09-18 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

> ! #if defined __OPTIMIZE__ && !defined   __NO_NOINLINE__

Cool - a triple negative - makes reading the code oh so fun!  Too
bad Danny had to cut it back to just a double negative in his followup.

I still remember how confused I used to get with hardware designers'
negative logic, where low voltage means asserted.  But enough years
of practice, and now I too get accused of throwing in too many
inversions into my code.  After all, POSIX standardized on NDEBUG
being defined as the key to disable assertions :)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-09-18  3:25 UTC | newest]