public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Hiding an email address on a mailing list? + Notifications.
@ 2012-04-03  8:18 narium85-ididapeeinitalyintotheseayipee
From: narium85-ididapeeinitalyintotheseayipee @ 2012-04-03  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

I notice that on the cygwin mailing list, emails appear like

username <at> blah <dot> com

I guess a spider could interpret that. It'd be good to hide it.

Is there any option in sourceware?

I haven't tried it but i've seen some option with a mailman mailing list to hide email address though I don't know if it does.  Is there any option like it with sourceware.. are they equivalent in this respect?

I used to have an email account dedicated to mailing lists, with folders for each program whose mailing list I subscribed to, spam there if I got it wasn't a big deal, and when I didn't use it for some months, it got deactivated, which was maddening..  I know my main address won't get deactivated, as I check it often, though getting lots of notifications for those emails is irritating and yahoo instant messenger notifies me with new emails. A great feature but not when it notifies me each time a new post appears on a mailing list.

* Hiding an email address on a mailing list? + Notifications.
@ 2012-04-03  8:24 ` narium85-ididapeeinitalyintotheseayipee
From: narium85-ididapeeinitalyintotheseayipee @ 2012-04-03  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

[...]

Also, I suppose i'll find out but is this @cygwin.com or @sourceware.

* Re: Hiding an email address on a mailing list? + Notifications.
@ 2012-04-03 14:45   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-04-03 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 09:23:37AM +0100, narium85-ididapeeinitalyintotheseayipee wrote:
>I notice that on the cygwin mailing list, emails appear like
>
>username <at> blah <dot> com
>
>I guess a spider could interpret that. It'd be good to hide it.
>
>Is there any option in sourceware?

We heard you the first time.

And, no.